I am very pleased to have been nominated for the Sunshine Award by Rachael Charmley. I love Rachael’s writing and there is something in her imaginative pieces that really speak to me. I am genuinely honoured that she thought of me and it is the feedback and recognition of my peers that I value the most.
I tend to get a little verbose when trying to articulate anything too deep and meaningful so I think I will take a pause and do what I always do when things threaten to turn emotional, quote Ray Davies;
I wish today could be tomorrow,
The night is dark,
It just brings sorrow anyway.
Thank you for the days,
Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me.
I’m thinking of the days,
I wont forget a single day, believe me.
So now for the difficult bit, ten things about myself. As with most things I am just going to take a deep breath and see what comes out –
1) My wife and children saved me from a road less travelled
2) William Shatner once declined my interview request
3) Dave the kit-man from Forest Green Rovers did not
4) I was once in an episode of a prime-time TV drama
5) ET is one of my favourite movies and I cry every time I watch it
6) Jimmy Stewart reminds me of my grandfather
7) I love the Muppets
8) My dissertation was on the Beat poets, focussing on Jack Kerouac’s On The Road
9) I get melancholy looking at old photographs
10) The first record I ever purchased with my own money was by Jason Donovan.
Now for the even more difficult bit, nominating 10 other wonderful blogs for this award. I have chosen 10 blogs, whose distinctive words, drawings and photographs have really spoken to me and inspired me. What makes someone laugh or cry is a very personal thing so for this list I have chosen the blogs that have really captured my imagination.
What a great community we have and what a wonderful gift it is to be able to share our words and thoughts with each other.
My Ten Nominees For The Sunshine Award
2) Shawn L Bird
4) Cheri Speak
5) Anna Mosca
7) Melissa Diem
10) Angelart Star
Wishing you all peace in the forthcoming week.